Saturday, December 12, 2009

Buzzkill? What about Fabrickill?

In Faye's latest post, she stated that she contemplated scrapping the project due to the fabric choice. I TOTALLY get it! This just happened to me on my first pair of pants for the sew along. The muslin looked good and I had all the supplies. As soon as I started serging the edges, I knew I wasn't going to finish the pants. The material was just too lightweight for this time of year. I don't quite know how I didn't notice it until now. I was instantly uninspired. Fortunately, my fabric stash provided me with other options and I am back on a roll again. I managed to cut out two pairs of pants and insert the fly-front zipper on one. I hope to finish them by the end of the week.

What about you? What do you do when this happens?

L~

No comments:

Post a Comment