Thursday, December 3, 2009

First Pair: McCall's 3935

This pattern has been in queue for a long time. I traced it months ago and have just now made the alterations. Here's what I've done so far:

1. The legs are SUPER long. I took out a total of six (yes, 6!) inches of length in multiple places, including one inch out of the cuff.

2. I lengthened the back crotch curve 2".

3. I shortened the front crotch curve about 0.5" and made a 0.75" fold, tapering to nothing, in the fly area.

Since these are wide-legged pants, I will probably have to take some width out of the back leg area. I won't do that yet until I sew the muslin. If I can get these to fit, then I'll move on to the alterations for McCall's 5475. Hopefully, I can do a rough match of the pattern pieces and not need a muslin for the second pair.

L~

No comments:

Post a Comment