Thursday, December 3, 2009

Hi, Everybody! I started the pants yesterday, using Ottobre Design 02-2006-13. I used the size 52 and decided to make my trial garment into pajamas for a co-worker. I used two different fabrics, and since I didn't have time to go home and get any fabric in the middle of the day, I traded some fabric from my stash for some of the fabric at school. Turned out to be a good thing because a large young man came in and needed a robe. My stash at home had a big enough piece of thick white cotton for him.

The pants fit me well, except that I am a little narrower at the waist than the pattern allows for. Easily fixable and I fixed it for the third pair. One strange thing, I didn't have to use the zipper even though there are darts at the back. Could it be because fat is malleable? It sure saves time not to have to use a zipper.....

In the pipeline: teal silk. Needs to be pressed before cutting out.

Pants completed: 3 pair.

No comments:

Post a Comment