Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Just imagine

I don't want to seem like a broken record but I am so excited about my latest discovery. I know someone will come along and say how they've "been doing it for years." I beg to differ and if so...why in the heck didn't they tell me? I was sitting here looking at my illustration and thought "just imagine" View A. The center back seam is nearly straight. To fit a more curvy figure (aka junk in the trunk) the CB seam has to bend around your curves. Unless you are using an extremely stretchy fabric, which you probably wouldn't be in slacks, it would be like trying to shape a sheet of newspaper over your rear. Sure it might "fit", but what ever wrinkling issues, smiles, pulls etc. you are having...nothing would change and might even be worse. I will say that if you try this alteration, add 1" incase seams because as you scoop the pattern out you may lose fabric over your tummy or fuller front thighs

1 comment:

  1. It's a good thing this is documented! Your idea is spot on.

    ReplyDelete