Thursday, December 17, 2009

MONTH OF PANTS #2

I decided to take the slightly twisted waistband off completely and re-construct it so I would be happier with the finished product. Then while sewing sleep (you know what I mean), I accidentally cut the the length too short. I attached some lace hem tape and turned up a faux hem to rectify that problem. Instead of hand stitching I used black fusible hem tape. I knew I wouldn't be able to hand stitch the hem with the dreadful pick marks - which I hate by the way.

I've got a few wrinkles across the front that I can't explain.




I plan to start another pair tomorrow to meet my commitment of 3 pair this month...

2 comments:

  1. I am not an expert, but I believe the you need a little more room in the hip area and upper thigh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it looks like the tummy pulls, but the creases may also desappear after the pants adapt to the body. At least the front creases on my pants did.

    ReplyDelete