Wednesday, December 23, 2009

MY 3RD PAIR...3 MORE TO COME IN JANUARY...

Just how many times did I try on these pants in the construction process! I wish I had actually kept count.

Originally I committed to three pair of pants for the Month of Pants Sewalong. This my third pair. In my last post I wrote about the trials of picking loose all of the stitched and serged seams. Talk about thread everywhere! I even laid down a big beach towel to catch thread and afterward took it outside and shook it off. I think that work paid off though as you can see here in my third pair. Much, much better than pairs one and two thanks to Gwen. I have minimal wrinkling on the right side. I guess I must have marked the waistband area a little crooked on that side - thus the wrinkles there. I cut into my buttonhole at the waistband (dang), but all and all I don't think they are bad at all. Glad I finally get to say that! I have ALMOST reached total satisfaction! On my next pair I think I'll wait until I have help caulking the waist seam and I know the next pair will be even better. Having this good of result lets me know the technique really works. Sometimes even when I know the answer to fixing a problem I still can't figure out in my head exactly how it's going to work. It's always so nice when it actually works.


Wrinkling on the legs should disappear wearing real shoes

I haven't had cuffed pants in eons so I decided to add them to this pair for variety. Since the sewalong has been extended through January I plan on making 3 more pair that will, like this pair, have matching jackets eventually.

3 comments:

  1. picking out the stitches looks like it was worth the effort. Those are some nice pants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look like they fit really nice and I like the fabric you chose. I know how frustrating it is to pick apart stitches, especially when serged - I'm glad you hung in there to complete your third pair of pants for the sew-a-long. Here's to your next three!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you're there, Faye. I really do. Following your progress has inspired me to tackle my pants fit issues. School is over, so I have no excuse!

    ReplyDelete