Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Jeans muslin Burda 12/98-121



Finally a new muslin! I liked the picture but the muslin looks very different on me. Ugh, that's exactly the thing I should avoid - narrow legs. I get accented saddlebags in these. There is a lot to do to fix the pattern.



The pants were too short so I added e few centimeters. I should have done it proportionally across the whole leg. The result is the wrong placement of the knee. That should be changed, and olso the lower leg width. Maybe I should start adding width a bit above the knee to get a nicer line?



The back should be taken in a lot. Then, I don't know if to lower the front or add 1,5 cm to the back to even them before I add the waistband. What do you think? Also, the back pockets should be placed lower.



And, of course, there is also the need for a flat bottom alteration.
So, I don't know if I'm going to make it by the end of the month. Will try, though.
I also cut another lounge pants muslin and think I'm going to sew that first.
Until then I wish you happy sewing!

Ciao!
Barbara

2 comments:

  1. These look good! I like adding more to the back rather than taking it out of the front, mostly because I like more coverage on my bum. You might also want to make the back pockets a little bit bigger if you've added length to the back. I like doing slightly larger pockets because it makes your butt look a little smaller (not that you need that, but that's one of my tricks!)

    ReplyDelete