Sunday, January 10, 2010

S2860 Update

I tried Betzina's method on the fly front zipper yesterday and whoa! Whoever approved the method written by Simplicity must be on something because what they suggest is just crazy. I peeked at some RTW fly fronts and nothing looks this complicated. To add insult to injury, there are 10 steps to completing the fly-front using Simplicity's instructions. 10 full steps of nothing but crazy. Um, no.

I started sewing 2860 yesterday. My friends Therisa and Melody helped me with the fit. So far, everything looks okay except an area in the front. All my pants pooch out below the zipper, giving me a...package. Not cute. Therisa and Melody both suggested that I raise the center front considerably, so that's what I will try.

Now that work has resumed, I won't get as much sewing done as I'd like. Hopefully I will make some headway near the end of the week. If I can get these to fit, I want to get two more pair finished before the end of the month.

L~

No comments:

Post a Comment