As I mentioned before, I had committed to making three more pairs of pants in January for the Pants Challenge. Well, I only got one pair finished, that's sewing life for you. I finished the wool blend tweed pair last night after a little tweaking, serging each seam, lining, hemming and doing the buttonholes. It was a slow process for some reason, but I am very satisfied with the pants, fit and all. I ended up with only a minute amount of wrinkling on the left side. The pants feel really good wearing and sitting and the lining makes for ease in pulling them on. This is officially my TNT pants pattern now. Although I really do not mine all of my pants being the same style, I think I will give Simplicity 2700 another go just to try and conquer the contoured waistband. (I do hate for something to lick me.)
I took a picture of my hem showing my hem tape. My friend asked me why I use it. I know that it's not absolutely necessary, but I after I've made something that I think is special I like to add this little touch. Yes, nobody knows it's there except me, but that just adds to the specialness - you know what I mean I'm sure.